Friday, February 5, 2010

A Little At A Time - by Annette

Carl wasn't surprised when he talked to me a couple of days ago and I was stressed about the "Big Snow Storm" that was heading our way. 6-8 inches were forcasted so he needed to come back to shovel it.  He said he'd come back.  I knew he would shovel for me if he could but being in Haiti would make that impossible.  Lovingly my hubby said "Just go out and shovel "a little at a time "so it won't be too hard".  Have you seen our driveway?  It had been snowing for an hour so I decided it was time.  I reluctantly put my coat on and grabbed the shovel.  As I started I thought this isn't so bad.  I was on level ground.   As I made my trek down our ski slope for a driveway it was harder.  He (being Carl) should be doing this not me--one slip-oh, he's in Haiti he can't--two slips-I should be in Haiti--three slips.  Every hour I put my coat back on and went back out again and again until dark.  A task that was not any fun taught me an important lesson tonight.  There are a lot of things that come our way in life that just are not fun.  Pain from our past that we have to work through, projects that need to be done, or the disciplines that need to be mastered in our everyday life. I am so thankful that with Jesus' help we can face anything that comes our way---A little at a time.

1 comment:

CARL said...

Awesome blog babe - from Carl