Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dan and Van Can! - by Annette

Saturday morning held the big job of shoveling the driveway and cleaning off the van.  Savannah,our ten year old daughter, said she would go out and get started.  She wanted me to take her to a party later in the day is why she was so eager.  I didn't want to shovel so I worked on getting the boys dressed and ready to outside.  This is a job that takes awhile and usually bothers me but today I didn't mind.  I dreaded the shoveling.  I started to open the screen door and walk out as I looked Dan Manis, a friend from church, was shoveling our porch.  Oh, that's why the whole drive is done.  Savannah is a really hard worker, but I didn't think she was that fast.  I chatted with Dan a minute and he headed down the drive to leave.  Savannah said  "Thanks for helping us you did most of the work"  He told her that she did good and had about half shoveled before he came.  I am glad that you didn't take Dan with you, Carl, because when it comes to shoveling "Dan Can" better than me. He has a servant's heart and is a great guy.  However, in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if he isn't sent out on a secret mission by his precious wife Deb to get more chocolate chip cookies! LOL  Our church family is such a blessing to Pastor Carl and I.  Today is just another example of this truth.

No comments: