Monday, February 15, 2010

Haiti - Back Home

My final two days involved flying to the Dominigan Republic with a overnight stay in Santa Domingo.  After a good meal, soft bed and good nights sleep, it was back on the plane to fly to Orlando.  In Orlando, the final two Convoy of Hope staff and I parted ways and I settled in for a 3 hour layover awaiting my flight to Indy.  My final day of flying involved opportunities to represent Jesus with fellow travelors.  I was met in Indy by good friends Tim and Darlene and my wonderful, beautiful wife Annette. 

As I reflect on my days in Haiti, I am excited about all that God used us to do.  Over three million meals were served though churches, missionaries and other Christian groups with food God provided through Convoy of Hope.  800 - 5 gallon water filtration systems were prepared and 2 - corporate water filtration systems installed that will serve clean water to the community for years to come.  A 7200 square foot warehouse was organized with flow of supplies becoming smoother and more efficient.  Not to mention all medical aid, numerous opportunities to pray with others and much more.

I will also remember the many people I met - people like Paul, Nick and Bob, Convoy of Hope Staff that were in Haiti for nearly a month dedicating their time and talents without any time off.  I will remember Dr Torres and her medical team that tireless performed life saving surgeries in subpar conditions.  And I will remember the people of Haiti, who have suffered so much.  Everyone I met or ministered along side were selfless, anointed and effective.  It was such a privilege to minister in such a needy place with dedicated, Christ followers.  And it was a total honor to see people drawn to Jesus because of our efforts.

Thank you Jesus for it all.  I look forward to the next such opportunity.

No comments: