Monday, February 8, 2010

HOW REFRESHING! - by Annette

Some days are better than others right?  I am glad because today I just don't "feel like it"  you know don't feel like being a good mom or a good person for that matter.  I am tired and I miss Carl like crazy.  Whine Whine Whine!!!  As I am whining I feel like David.  The minute all of these thoughts rush to my mind I begin telling God how sorry I am for being a jerk.  This point is where REFRESHING comes in.  Acts 3:19 says, "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out,that times of REFRESHING may come from the Lord."  I pray for Carl and the Convoy of Hope team.  Strengthen and REFRESH them in a special way.  I pray that they would feel a fresh raining of your Holy Spirit today.  The people of Haiti are saying "I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; REFRESH my heart in Christ."  Philemon v. 20.  Proverbs 11:25 says "A generous man will prosper; he who REFRESHES others will himself be REFRESHED."  Thank you Lord that when we focus on REFRESHING others we are REFRESHED.

No comments: