Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Haiti Bound: Day 1

After over a week of preparation, I am now on my way to Haiti. 

Day 1:  After getting a call around 11:00am today that put my status to active, Tim Lusher and I left for the first leg of my journey.  This section of the trip involved eight hours and five hundred miles in the car.  Our drive has brought us to Green Stay Hotel and Suites in Springfield, MO.  Tim has been so gracious to drive me here.  He will be making the tract back to Anderson in the morning.

Tomorrow, I will meet up with other leaders for orientation at the Convoy of Hope facilities, then catch a flight out of Branson, MO to Orlando -- from there to Santa Domingo -- then to Port au Prince.  When I arrive at Port au Prince, I will be assisting in various ways with logisitcs and flow of aid at the many points of distrbution Convoy of Hope has in the city.  It will be a awesome time of serving others in Jesus name.

As I sit at this hotel lobby computer, I am uncertain all that lies ahead, but I am certain it is God's time and plan.  I am grateful to God and all who have given of their time, finances, and especially prayers to make this ministry opportunity possible. 

My task is to represent Jesus well.  I want to fulfill Christ command  when he stated,  "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. (John 15:7-8)

Lord, help me to remain in you, so that I will bear much fruit and bring glory to your name. 

No comments: