Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Want To Go To Haiti - by Annette

Is Daddy done with that plane?  This question came from our three year old son Cooper.  Yes, he is in Haiti.  A great big smile came on his face and he said "Yeah now we can go to Haiti!"  No, we have to stay here I lovingly told him.  He began to sob.  He was really sad and a little angry too. " I want to go" he cried.  I decided to find out why. Do you miss Daddy?  His answer surprised me.  "Yes, I miss my daddy, but I want to give them(people in Haiti) water and cookies.  I will also give them Spencer's quarters.  Spencer had two more pennies on top of the microwave that he found and asked if we could send to help people in Haiti.  Cooper was looking at the pennies when he said he'd give "Spencer's quarters."  I was really sad that he was crying and sad and yet at the same time I was excited that at such a young age he understands what it means to go.  He doesn't exactly understand--but his Daddy, who is a wonderful role model to all our kids, has taught him what it means to serve, pray for, and love others.  For this I am very thankful.  I love you and miss you Carl.  You are the best dad and husband in the whole world.

1 comment:

Katie Jackson said...

So glad we have people who steps up to do the Lord's work. Glad you are back home.
Katie