Thursday, February 4, 2010

Haiti - Day 3

After five more flights, a sprint through the airport in Santo Domingo and a thrilling experience in Port au Prince customs, I am finally in Haiti.   I met Paul and Nick, two Convoy of Hope staff, and off we went through Port au Prince.  Immediately after leaving the airport, we were confronted by tent communities.  The tent communities were right by the airport and are now starting to pop up outside of the city as people flee the devastation.  The short car ride took us out of town to the 35 acre complex that Convoy of Hope is useing.  This complex has many buildings including a 7200 square foot warehouse, dormitories and a small hospital.  After arriving here, we unpacked and ate dinner with all the other medical and disaster relief staff that come from varioius other ministries.  Now I am in my dorm style type apartment with six other guys getting ready for bed. 

Today has been fun, tomorrow is going to be amazingly anointed and effective.  No matter what I do over the next few days,  I trust God to use me.   "All that belongs to the Father is mine, Jesus said (John 16:15a).  My entire week belongs to you.

No comments: