Friday, January 15, 2010

Serving Others


My life overflows with people that give, love and selflessly serve others.  Annette, my wife, spends countless hours educating our boys, managing our house and taking care of me (her most challenging task).  Pastor Walt, our pastor, tirelessly ministers through godly counsel, anointed preaching and wise leadership.  The over 100 volunteers at my church passionately give of their time in serving the children in our children's ministry.

Being surrounded by selfless people , reminds me what Jesus said of his mission, "I seek not to please myself but him who sent me" (John 5:30b).  He truly exemplifies the ultimate in selfless dedication to others.  Lord, help me to recognize more of the many opportunities you put before me to serve others and please you.

No comments: