Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Children's laughter, unfinished repair projects, milk mustache kisses, dirty dishes, family game times, unfolded laundry and a well used swing set are all things that make my house a home.  I love my calling as a pastor and the privilege I have to work at my church everyday.  I look forward to weekend trips away, dinner at a friends house and regular, (ok, sometimes occasional) trips to the gym.  But, what I enjoy the most is being home ... because home is where I spend time with those I cherish the most in this world.

Jesus enjoyed his home as well.  John 2 tells us he had a "zeal for his house that consume(d) him."  Is his zeal for his house, the temple, so strong because of the ornate instruments of gold or the wise priests who resided there?  No, in part, it was because God, his father, dwelled in that place ... the one Jesus cherished the most.

Lord, dwell in me and my home.  Help me to cherish you the most.

No comments: