Saturday, January 23, 2010

Clean Your Room

"Dad, why do I have to clean my room" is a phrase I will occasionally hear from my kids.  I can easily get frustrated with them for their delayed obedience and complaining.  If they would just listen and obey immediately with the right attitude, it would make things much easier for them.  Luckily, I am blessed with fairly compliant children.

God desires us to listen and obey as well.  It is simple, but sometimes we make it hard.  The blind man was faced with a choice to listen and obey when Jesus told him, "Go, ... wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing." (John 9:7) 

He did not say, "Why can't you heal me here?" or "Can't you see I am blind and your going to make me walk to the pool of Siloam!"  No, he simply listened and obeyed, and then Jesus completed the miracle. When questioned about it he stated the obvious, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see." (John 9:11)

Lord, help us to listen and obey, so we can truly see you and tell others.

No comments: