Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Faith Filled


"It might stick a little", the nurse warned as she embedded the needle into my arm.  It was worth the amount of pain and soreness I felt from the injection, because I put my trust and faith in the doctor to know what to prescribe and the nurse to carrying out the order.  Martha demonstrates her trust and faith in Jesus when he arrived after her brother's death in John 11. 

"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask." (John 11:21-22)

What is she saying -- does she truly believe that Jesus can do something for her brother now?  Jesus responds. "Your brother will rise again." (John 11:23)  Shortly after their conversation, Jesus goes to the tomb and brings her brother back to life. 

Each day I have a choice to put my full faith in Jesus to guide, provide and do great things for and through me.  Martha seemed to have this full faith in Jesus.  Lord, help us to have the same.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26)

1 comment:

not ned said...

Your faith is a blessing to me. Thank you for your faithful ministry and this blog.