Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Homework

"Dad, will you help me with research for my report," Savannah, my 5th grade daughter asked. Over the next hour, we spent time surfing the internet for data.  I eagerly watched as her thirst to learn was evident. School teachers, coaches and fathers (like me); all have one thing in common -- a desire to teach their students, players and children to become the best they can be. 

Jesus teaching profoundly makes us better. When asked about where his powerful, life changing teaching originated, "Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. (John 7:16). He went to the perfect source, God the father, that enabled him to teach with such authority.

Lord, help us to teach your truth ... in your name ... with great authority. I know it will bring the best results in people's lives.

No comments: