Monday, January 28, 2008

Truth


The search for truth is something that mankind has pursued since God created Adam. Within this search, we are usually confronted with moral decisions, character development, and investigation of facts. In my search for truth; I am most satisfied with the teaching of the Bible. I especially enjoy the short, wisdom filled chapters of the book of Proverbs -- a book that our pastor recently challenged us to study.

That is why today; me and a starting group of 6 men are beginning a journey of reading a chapter a day in Proverbs. Maybe you would like to join us ... we welcome you.

As you read along with us, feel free to share your insights by clicking on the comment line at the bottom of any entry and write your thoughts in the comment box. Many of these comments will be posted for others to enjoy. So, lets begin our journey.

Proverbs 1

According to the commentary in my bible, a Proverb is "a short, compact saying ... that expresses a principle ... about human behavior from God's point of you." In essence, it is wisdom. Proverbs 1:20a says, "Wisdom calls aloud in the street ..." It brings me comfort that God cares so much for me that He would make His wisdom so attainable, so clear.

Lord, I turn my ears to your call. Help me to understand and apply your truth and wisdom as you speak it to me.

No comments: