Friday, January 11, 2008

Birthday


Yesterday, as I was working in my office, I noticed faint singing coming from the hall. The familiar voices singing a special rendition of "Happy Birthday" brought a big smile to my face. My family entered with grins, homemade chocolate chip cookies and hand made birthday cards. Cherished hugs were exchanged and then they quickly exited for drinks in the church kitchen.

Later in the day, I opened much appreciated birthday cards and presents, but none of them quite compared with the crayola colored birthday cards from my kids. I have enjoyed some great store bought birthday cakes, but none tasted quite as good as the warm chocolate chip cookies that my wife brought to the church office.

Its these special moments that I choose to savor -- it is these loved filled acts that mean the most.

3 comments:

Troy & Katheryn said...

Happy Birthday! Love your blog!

~Troy, Katheryn + Kids

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to you and to me!!! Ha!

Chanda Hiatt said...

This blogspot thing is great! I have loved all your blogs. You should write a book....really I see that in what you write! ok Well Im looking forward to having your wife with me to scrap next time! Its going great!!!!!