Friday, January 18, 2008

My Cat


This morning I got up before the rest of my family. The quietness of the house and the slight chill of our basement family room refreshed me. As I sat down by the computer, something was about to interrupted this peaceful moment. In the blink of an eye our cat, Mariah, jumped effortlessly upon the desk, brushed her side along my shoulder, and began to purr. She had decided that now was the time I was going to pay attention to her.

She decides when she will be picked up or stroked and when I get the privilege of her attention. If she is not in the mood to be with me, she will escape my grasp or simply ignore me. It is truly a one sided relationship.

It reminds that often I treat God the same way. I want his full attention when I desire it and can easily ignore him when he wants mine. Lord, forgive me and help me to be attentive to your desires and your guidance.

PS - At least Mariah is a good mouser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great illustration. Just what I needed this morning. Thanks.

PS. We have seemed to have lost our cat but I'm not to sad! (smile)