Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hot Wheels


Ouch!!! Hopping around the room trying not to plunge into a piece of living room furniture, I look down to see what caused the bottom of my foot such pain. There it was, shining with its high gloss paint job and jagged edges, lay ajar on the floor - a Hot Wheel. As I tried to rub out the indentions in my foot, I could feel frustration rising up within me. "Why was there a Hot Wheel in my living room? Which of my boys had left it?!" As the sharp pain subsided, it gave me a chance to put this moment into perpective.

Proverbs 14:17 tells us that "a quick-tempered man does foolish things". In my moment of frustration, I could have foolishly spoken harsh words to my boys. In reality, the hot wheel was on the floor because -- that is where you play with hot wheels. It really did not matter who left it. What matters is how I handle it ... or more truly ... how I handle myself.

1 comment:

Chanda Hiatt said...

I still say you should write a book! These are really good. I think the last time I stepped on a hot wheel I skipped straight over harsh words and went straight to Godly beatings in Jesus name. I think that is a james dobson technique? Isnt it?
Well thanks for watchin the kids while Annette came to scrapbook...it gets better every month!