Tuesday, February 19, 2008

itunes


The search was on. With $15 to spend in my itunes account, I excitedly began to hunt for a few of my favorite songs. With each click of the mouse, my search narrowed from several different songs to one, "Your Love, Oh Lord". I now needed to choose the musical artists who conveyed its message with just the right style, vocals and instrumental mix. I listened intently to the dozens of renditions until finally making my selection.

With my search complete, I am reminded of God's longing for me to search for him just as intently as I looked for that song. My focus and attention to God's words not only pleases Him, but it is profoundly beneficial to me as Proverbs 4:20,22 states - "My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words ...for they, (God's words), are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body."

It is an easy choice to listen and obey God because of the "life and health" that he gives us. However, when I fall short to fulfilling God's instructions -- I will get up and try again.

No comments: