Monday, February 25, 2008

Flicka


I am not usually an emotional person, but this night was different. My eight year old daughter and I had just finished watching, "Flicka", a movie about the struggles of a daughter and the love of her father. As the credits were scrolling across the screen, I sat down next to Savannah who was bundled in a blanket on the living room couch.

I looked into her beautiful brown eyes and tenderly said, "Do you know that you are very special." "Yes." she said with a confident smile. With a curious tone, I asked,"Why do you know that you are special?" She simply stated, "Because you say I am and that is good enough for me." Her response warmed my heart.

Savannah believes she is special because she trusts in my words. God's words are even more trustworthy. He has a special love for me ... for all of us. The more I realize this ... the more it warms His heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! What a joy our kids are!