Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flat Tires


I just couldn't believe it. As I pulled up my snowy driveway and got out into the frigid February air, I noticed that my wife's mini van appeared to be lopsided. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that our gray toyota mini van had a flat tire. You may be thinking, "What's the big deal about a flat tire." For me it was not just one flat tire, it was the second flat tire that day. As a matter of fact, within the last seven days I had bought two new tires for the car, one new tire for the van, and now was about to take another trip to the repair shop. "Unbelievable, what's next?!", I muttered as I stared at the deflated tire.

In the midst of my frustration, I realized that the situation was effecting my attitude. I paused and thought, "Was it really that terrible?" I mean ... I did have the money to pay for the repairs, none of the flats occurred in unsafe areas, and I do have a trustworthy auto repair shop to assist me. Though inconvenienced, it really was not that big of a deal.

I had a choice -- was I going to rise above the situation or allow the situation to negatively effect my attitude. The truth be told; on this occasion, I probably fell somewhere in the middle. Well, at least for a little while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our attitude dictates our altitude.