Friday, March 14, 2008

Funeral


I arrived early to find the parking lot already half full. Mike's character and love affected many so it was no surprise that he would have a well attended funeral. As I greeted familiar faces in the standing room only crowd, I felt proud to have known such a great man. His example of unconditional love, consistent Christ-following, hard work, and compassion toward others made an impact on my life. Even in the closing months of Mike's life, where he suffered from illness and diease, his faith never wavered -- his love for Jesus remained strong.

As I passed by his wedding album, many flowers, and the body that once housed Mike's wonderful spirit, I realize a great life had ended, but a legacy remains. John 13:15 states, "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." He did much for others through his words, life, and deeds. It challenges me to do the same.

No comments: