Monday, May 5, 2008

Mini Marathon -- Water

My heart was beating, my legs were aching, and I felt a little light headed. 12.5 miles and 2 hour and 15 minutes of running behind me, I only had about 3/4 of a mile to go. As I approached the final of 17 aid stations, I could here the encouraging words of the aid workers.

By this time I had learned to look for just the right aid worker. The ones who gripped the small cups of water made the exchange difficult and often the cups of water were dropped or spilled. The best exchange occurs when the cup is laid upon the workers hand like a cup upon a table.

It reminds me to keep my hands open, ready to give to others and receive from God. A clasped hand lets nothing in or out, but an open hand -- well, it leads to a life of blessing.

No comments: