Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Candy Cane


On this windy, cold Sunday morning I found myself enjoying warm conversation in our cozy lobby prior to church. Eddie, a warm hearted Faith Church regular approached me from across the crowded room. Before I could say hello, he extended his friendly hand and gave me a candy cane. He gave it with a kind hello, a joyful smile, and a turn as he went to find someone else to share his gifts.

As an associate pastor, my family was blessed with many sweet treats, thoughtful cards, and much appreciated gifts this Christmas. All coming from our loving church family. But, today, it was the simple candy cane that most touched my heart. As I enjoyed its minty refreshment, I was reminded how the simple things in life sometimes make the most impact.

No comments: