Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Licking the Cup

"You should not lick that," I thought with a little embarrassment.

My family and I were sharing communion together with the rest of our church at our Christmas weekend service. Communion is a special time of remembrance, repentance and connection to God. So as Spencer, my 6 year old son, licked the inside of his tiny plastic communion cup, somehow it seemed wrong.

I did not correct him or say anything ... and as I thought about it; I am glad I kept quiet. His action was one of innocence and even somewhat appropriate. He wanted every bit of the grape juice that his tiny cup had to offer. We can delight in every bit of what God has to offer us. As we seek after a friendship with Him, we will always be satisfied.

Spencer, keep on going after every drop.

No comments: