Friday, February 13, 2009

Ferrero Rocher (Mmmm good)

"What in the world could be inside?", I thought with amazement as a gazed upon the large box sitting in my office. As I opened the enormous shipment I was astonished to discover 12 cases of Ferrero Rocher chocolates -- over 570 pieces of chocolate. This tasty gift came from Elaine, a precious 84 year old woman from Munster, Indiana.

Last September a group of us had the privilege of spending two days cleaning out her home due to the two feet of water that invaded it during a citywide flood. As we were departing that fall afternoon, she gave us a half eaten box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. "It is the only thing I have to give you. Thank you so much -- you have saved my life."

Now, nearly five months later, I open the card that accompanied her gift. "I remembered how much you enjoyed these chocolates and I will never forget your generosity. Thank you" (paraphrased from Elaine's card).

Elaine reminded me that when everyone does a little much is accomplished. And when everyone does a little in Jesus name, much is accomplished for eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sure I ate 570 of those things this weekend myself!