Saturday, October 11, 2008

Auctions


To my surprise, just an ear shot from my back fence was a household auction. Spencer, my curious six year old, and I decided to check it out. As we walked by the many cars that lined the streets, we discovered a yard filled with treasures. After getting our bid number, we positioned ourselves close to the items we were interested in -- two sleeping bags packaged tightly in their stuff bags. The bidding started at $5 then $6, I countered at $7, my top bid. Going once, twice, sold. As we peeked into the top of one of the bags, we noticed it had camouflaged material. Spencer was so excited.

We made the short walk home and opened up both stuff bags only to discover that the camouflage material was a pillow covered in camouflage. It was not what we expected. It reminded me that when we seek after God, unexpected things will happen -- but unlike the pillow, its always for the best.




No comments: